Structural Engineer II
The Development Test team is responsible for all hazardous testing in our Long Beach facilities. We use our breadth of experience and collaborative engineering approach to support everything from very large structural tests to precise valve actuation. To that end, we design, build, and operate all test assets from initial concept to test execution. If you enjoy working on a multi-disciplinary team with a broad mandate and want to put hands on hardware, then this is the team for you.
What you’ll do:
As a Structural Engineer II on the Dev Test team, you will be responsible for the design, fabrication, and activation of structural test stands for our Terran R launch vehicle. Based in Long Beach, our engineers are responsible for the full design cycle on projects ranging from fast and temporary to permanent, long-term infrastructure. You will partner with many other teams including Vehicle Design, Additive, Infrastructure, and Manufacturing to create development and production level test assets. Your primary duties will include:
- Design and analysis of large steel structures
- Creation of fabrication drawings, procurement, and project management
- Assembly, commissioning, and operation of test stands
You should have experience in your field and be able to solve new and wide-ranging challenges. You should ideally be familiar with the challenges of building large structures, including seismic loads, interface tolerancing, and construction.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience designing, analyzing, and building metallic structures.
- Knowledge of design for seismic loading.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and drafting
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and their application
- Demonstrated experience with structural analysis using NASTRAN or other FEA tools
- Track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget.
Nice to have but not required:
- Previous experience with the construction of tall structures (50+ feet).
- Hands-on experience with metalworking, welding, hydraulics, manufacturing, etc.
- Experience operating construction equipment (forklift, telehandler, excavator, boom crane, etc)
- Familiarity with concrete design
- Willing to work at heights, in confined spaces, in a dirty environment, and away from your desk.
- No previous aerospace experience is required for this position.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?