Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Quality team supports all areas of production of Relativity’s hardware and defines the processes to do so. We work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, test and launch counterparts to ensure the quality of our products. We help lay the foundation for all processes within the product lifecycle – design, buy, build, test and launch. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Quality organization and help lead the front on producing the industry’s highest quality 3D-printed parts.
This Quality Systems role will be responsible for architecting how we view quality holistically at Relativity—from defining the processes in which we leverage daily to developing our systems to support these processes. You will have the opportunity to set the tone for maturing our practices by helping to develop the foundational quality management system.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate and implement innovative solutions and tools that help Relativity maintain quality while scaling up production.
- Devise and implement lightweight, effective processes that promote continuous improvement.
- Develop Relativity’s Quality Management System and lead certification effort to industry and customer standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Additive, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Test and Launch teams to ensure all company objectives can be met.
- Own centralized document repository and collaborate with functional teams to maintain processes and implement changes.
- Some projects may include developing our quality site manual, optimizing tool and asset control processes, spearheading specification development, etc.
What you need to know:
- Requirements for Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other STEM field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience acting as a Quality Engineer or equivalent at a fast-paced manufacturing company.
- Extensive experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and production personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of quality management systems, configuration management, and process quality controls.
- Understanding of AS9100/ISO9001 applications and practices for an aerospace program.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Well-versed in process development and first-time quality efforts.
- Working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems.
- Highly organized and able to provide structure and direction to the previously undefined.
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team.
- Self-aware and able to influence others outside of your organization.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?