Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join our growing team at our testing site located at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. You will be responsible for the development, design, engineering, and construction of new test site infrastructure. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes, and are eager to develop next generation test sites. Check out this video to learn more about our Stennis team.
This position is part of our Launch, Infrastructure, and Facilities organization, which oversee new construction projects and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory, and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer, you connect various internal technical teams to define architectural, structural, heavy civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, & industrial requirements and will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants and contractors. You will work closely with other test & launch team members including infrastructure, fluids, electrical, command & control, mechanical, and support Test Operations during test processing and operations.
You will be responsible for managing the development, design, and construction of new infrastructure projects and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, sub-contractor management, and construction management. You will plan and execute the work to install and operate best-in-class test site solutions to meet stringent cost and schedule requirements in a very competitive environment.
What you need to know:
As a member of the Infrastructure team at Relativity, you will be at the forefront of creating world class engine and launch vehicle test sites. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in field engineering, construction engineering, and project management, and you have a passion for taking ideas and designs and making them become a reality in the built environment. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You are willing to travel up 25% to support ongoing design, construction, testing, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5 years of experience working in the aerospace or construction industry with a mix of hands-on field experience and project management experience.
- Experience with design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field supervision, permitting, QA/QC, and Safety.
- Experience with project scoping, budgeting, scheduling from both a day-to-day perspective as well as overall construction management
- Experience with Architectural, Structural, Civil, and MEPF design, construction, and operation
- Understanding of standard construction procedures, best practices, means & methods.
- Ability to work within 3D models utilizing NX, AutoCAD or similar CAD programs
- Experience with development, permitting, land use controls, conditional use permits, and working with local government agencies.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with direct responsibility driving projects forward while managing and reporting progress to remote management.
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements and priorities shift or constraints change and anticipate them when possible.
- Ability to work in dynamic environments to execute real-time tasks in tight operation windows
Nice to haves but not required:
- 10+ years of experience working in engineering or construction a mix hands-on field experience as well as project management
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Advanced degree or training in engineering, construction, operations, or project management
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Experience designing, building, or operating test or launch GSE within the aerospace industry
- Experience with FEM structural analysis
- Familiar with aerospace planning, procedures and operations, and safety (including LOTO)
- Experience working with state and federal government agencies
- Experience, training, and education in three of the above
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?