GNC Simulation Engineer II
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The GNC Simulation team is responsible for developing and operating high fidelity dynamic models for the launch vehicle and the infrastructure that enables that. The team strives to build tight integrations between the tools developed across the entire company to enable rapid iterations of vehicle design cycles that can match the pace of our manufacturing processes as well as enable effective design trades and studies.
Relativity wants to increase automation and reduce product development lifecycle by bringing in advance manufacturing techniques to aerospace manufacturing. A part of this is to improve the automation, speed, and effectiveness of our analysis tools
The GNC Simulation team wants to enable this by improving our simulation environment. You, as part of this team will play an important role in defining the requirements for this framework and working on solutions that enable that.
What you’ll do:
You will be working on a wide range of projects developing end-end solutions with a high level of independence and ownership. The day-to-day work focus may include:
- Developing the software needed to set up a simulation environment
- Supporting multi-disciplinary vehicle and software design trades and develop software requirements
- Running analysis software that captures complex software and physics interaction
- Simulation sequencer/scheduler and logging tools
- Developing visualization tools
- Developing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) and automation
- Developing simulation interfaces with Hardware testing
- Physics model development
What you need to know:
- Min 2+ years of related experience developing software to set up a simulation environment
- Experience with compiled languages and creating high performance code
- Experience working with advanced software development practices such as Docker, Continuous Integration and Cloud deployment
- Experience working with numerical techniques such as ODE’s and optimization routines
- Experience in taking complex analysis results and clearly communicating conclusions and recommendations to management
- Excited about programming and learning new programming languages
Nice to haves but not required:
- High level of knowledge about launch vehicles or launch vehicle related software systems
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?