Robotics Engineer II
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity is looking for talented Robotics Systems Engineers to join the Robotics Applications Group in our Additive Development Department. The Robotics Applications Group is at the forefront of design and application of our next generation of additive manufacturing cells. Pushing the robotic cells to produce new and exciting features and capabilities that often completely novel. You will work alongside Software, Robotics, Weld, Simulation, Manufacturing, and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core capabilities of our Additive Manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
What you’ll do:
- Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As a Robotics Engineer II–Systems you be responsible for the implementation of the core foundational architecture of our next generation of flexible robotic platform for additive manufacturing and implement specific components that leverage it to enable groundbreaking capabilities.
- You will be responsible for the integration of systems that include industrial automation safety sensors, welding equipment, vision and laser-based sensors, custom robotic end effectors and mechanisms, and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) strategies for our Stargate-class Printers.
What you need to know:
- You have a successful track record working in and developing runtime environments for robotics systems with safety at the forefront. You have knowledge of PLCs, motion control and robotic kinematics, automation, functional safety in robotic systems, and broad experience with robotics.
- BS in either Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- Knowledge of methods for calibrating tracking systems and multiple robotic and mechanical systems.
- +1 years of experience working with PLC programming using Structured Text, and interactions with other system controllers
- +3 years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C/C++
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect and integrate automated systems utilizing industrial robots.
- Familiarity with various serial protocols (RS-232, SPI)
- Familiarity with ROS 2 (Robot Operating System)
- Familiarity with Linux
Nice to haves but not required:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or relevant field
- Ability to configure I/O maps and communication interfaces across our industrial robotic system using EtherCAT
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckhoff
- Experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C/C++ involving EtherCAT and IP-based protocols
- Experience developing programs for industrial robots including Kuka, Fanuc, and ABB
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?