Quality Inspector I, Receiving Inspection
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Manufacturing team at Relativity Space pulls together the efforts of all other vehicle and manufacturing teams to deliver flight-ready vehicles for test and launch. To meet our goals, we will build best in class manufacturing, test, and quality control processes to keep our team moving fast while still producing high quality, well understood products. We are looking for a Quality Inspector I, Precision Inspector who will be responsible for inspecting piece parts and machined components to ensure conformance and mission success.
What you’ll do:
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements
- Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits
- Process received hardware into our ERP system and document any non-conformances and deviations found
- Makes pass/fail decisions on inspected goods and document non-conformances
- Contributes to continuous improvement projects for the Receiving Inspection team
- Work alongside Manufacturing and Logistics
What you need to know:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Quality Inspector
- Experience using GD&T and standard inspection tools, including calipers and micrometers
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, or similar QMS
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, stand for extended period of time
Nice to haves but not required:
- Computer skills in operating Microsoft Office
- Experience at an aerospace or automotive start-up
- Experience with NX, TeamCenter
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Familiar with in-process build inspections and/or precision inspection techniques
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?