Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our growing team supporting our Long Beach, CA locations. You will be responsible for the design, engineering, construction, and overall facility management including operations and maintenance to support launch infrastructure and related facilities. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to development a next generation manufacturing factory.
This position is part of our Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization, which oversee launch operations, new construction projects, and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Project Engineer, you will partner with various internal stakeholders in infrastructure, fluids, electrical, command & control, mechanical, and launch operations to autonomously execute a portfolio of projects from $5,000 to $500k and participate on large infrastructure/capital projects in support of launch operations. You will also serve as our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
You will be responsible for design and project execution for launch and manufacturing infrastructure and related facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, sub-contractor management, and facility operations and maintenance across Relativity’s Long Beach, CA real estate portfolio.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or related discipline
- 3 years of experience working in construction or facilities operation and maintenance with a mix of hands-on field experience and project management
- Experience with design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintaining facilities mechanical, plumbing, process, and electrical systems and equipment
- Experience with maintaining site utilities such as electrical, domestic water, sanitary sewer, natural gas, compressed air, condenser water, chilled water, heating hot water, and process gas
- Experience with performing root cause analysis for equipment or system failure
- Willingness to step beyond traditional facility management role as needed to support the company mission
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to audit current assets and develop a preventative maintenance system
- Willingness to improve and update team processes and modify online instructional documents
- Ability to review current vendor agreements, modify with increased scope and onboard new contractors as required
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and modeling applications
Nice to haves but not required:
Proficiency in project management software and tools
- Proficiency in facility asset management software and tools
- Advanced degree or training in facilities design, construction, operations, and maintenance
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Familiar with aerospace planning, procedures, and operations
- Knowledge of the City of Long Beach Building Standards Code and the Long Beach Municipal Code
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace