Senior NDE Inspector, Radiography Analysis (Remote)
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Additive Development team is responsible for development and maturing the core additive manufacturing technology used to product Relativity’s orbital class launch vehicles. The NDE Team applies, improves, and performs all inspection methods to which certified, specific to Relativity’s Additive Manufacturing Methods.
What you’ll do:
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Evaluation of Digital Radiography images for quality in accordance with Relativity specific acceptance criteria
- Detailed and comprehensive documentation of DR image analysis results
- In depth comprehension and effective application of relevant NDE inspection plans, procedures, and techniques
- Work closely with DR level 2 & 3 inspectors and NDE Engineers to achieve continuous improvement in efficiency of DR analysis process
What you need to know/have:
- Proof of NDE Classroom Training in Non-Film Radiography
- Previous certification in non-film radiography (CR/DR) per NAS 410, SNT-TC-1A or equivalent and documentation of same. (be prepared to provide these records prior to interview)
- Extensive (5+ years) and verifiable experience evaluating radiographs for quality in accordance with various acceptance criteria of which 1-2 years should be direct experience evaluating DR images
- This experience should be specific to weld quality, casting/forging quality, and/or base material evaluation in aerospace or other highly regulated industry such as nuclear, oil & gas or power generation. Profile shots in a refinery or shut down setting do not meet the above requirement
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering work instructions and drawings
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Willingness to travel to Relativity headquarters in Long Beach to learn the process and pass practical exam
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience inspecting various materials and geometries
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace