Propulsion Integration Engineer II
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are looking for a talented Propulsion Integration Engineer who will contribute to the development of Aeon-R hardware and manufacturing processes for the Terran-R vehicle. A high degree of autonomy and initiative is required.
As a Propulsion Integration Engineer, you will own and develop the processes for the builds of major Aeon-R subassemblies an engine integration. With a focus toward manufacturability, you will serve as the main point-of-contact between the manufacturing and design teams as we develop and optimize Aeon-R hardware and packaging, ensuring as-built hardware meets all aspects of the intended design.
You will project manage a wide variety of hardware in varying states of their manufacturing lifecycle. You will develop processes and procedures for post-processing of 3D printed parts and recommend design adaptations to improve reliability and throughput. You have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to 3D printed and machined components. This role requires a high degree of cross functionality between design, manufacturing, and test teams.
What you need to know:
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills, and ability to write detailed work instructions and process plans
- Strong hands-on acumen with hardware
- Ability to effectively investigate, resolve and screen hardware non-conformances
- Ability to drive failure investigation efforts, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action(s)
- Ability to work with and train technicians
- Knowledge of general assembly and test procedures, including tolerance stack-up analysis, structural proof testing and pressurized leak checks
- Experience with GD&T and industry specifications
- Experience with CAD and analysis tools including tool design
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working in a propulsion development program
- Ability to thrive in the presence of ambiguity and be able to make informed decisions to continually drive forward progress
- Familiarity with a fast-paced, high-mix manufacturing environment, working hands-on with hardware
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing, Subtractive Manufacturing, Machining, and associate precision inspection techniques
- Experience working with and managing vendors and external suppliers to get parts made quickly and reliably
- Experience building strong teams and leading projects, directly and cross-functionally
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace