Sourcing Manager, Facilities
At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are a forward-thinking team developing and revolutionizing indirect procurement processes, tools and policies to quickly expand our test and launch site. We are looking for individuals that are entrepreneurial in spirit that can collaborate across all our internal stakeholders and across our test and launch procurement team to achieve the company objectives, and we do so with a sense of urgency. This individual would select contractors, materials, services required for building and expanding our Stennis and Cape locations through a competitive tender/bid process involving document preparation (scope, drawings, etc.) for projects while leading external negotiations, and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a facilities management procurement strategy with the Construction GSM to that unites both test and launch construction teams
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation on assigned project, which can range from facilities and construction services along with equipment and material buyouts
- Develop pre-approved supplier list utilizing input from internal stakeholders and previous experience
- Synthesize supplier, industry and market research for assigned commodities (If needed) to develop sourcing strategy as well as issue RFx (RFQ, RFB, and RFP) for sourcing assigned commodities/services
- Administer, facilitate and answer Requests for Information (RFI’s) received during the tender process by issuing RFP Addendums agreements, as necessary, to mitigate Relativity’s exposure to risk and consolidate suppliers’ spend
- Support commodity business planning and savings as well as analyze historical spend, as well as forecast, spend and savings by project/commodity/business
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- Identify and support with negotiations of commercial cost reduction opportunities
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of indirect procurement experience or 3+ years of indirect procurement with a Master's Degree
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience purchasing Facilities Equipment (ie, HVAC, chillers, switchgears, ducting)
- Experience with purchasing Facilities Services (ie, Janitorial, waste management)
- Construction experience related aerospace infrastructure
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders as well as organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace