Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Avionics)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Avionics) at Reliable Robotics, you will be a part of the Production organization (Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain) and report to the Head of Production. This is a small but growing team of highly motivated people that are passionate about delivering quality products and services, on-time, and with unquestionable value. Our commitment to safety is unmatched. As a vital member of this team, you’ll play a critical role in developing and continuously improving all aspects of the integration and manufacturing processes to meet all design and business requirements, including safety, quality, cost, and on-time delivery. You will be responsible for the build and integration of avionics products, developing processes and infrastructure needed to scale the business and mature the processes that will enable success for multiple internal teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to take avionics products from prototype to production in a hands-on environment.
- Responsible for the build, integration, test, diagnostics, inspection, and maintenance of Reliable designed products, line replaceable units (LRUs), harnessing, and interconnects
- Collaborate with the avionics, mechanical, and airframe and powerplant (A&P) design teams to increase the velocity of product development
- Represent the production organization in all design reviews and partner with responsible engineers to evaluate designs for cost, producibility, inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to requirements
- Assures product and process quality by testing finished-product and process capabilities, establishing standards, and developing manufacturing processes
- Work in a safety-critical flight test environment
- Improves integration and manufacturing processes, including work instruction development
- Resolve product non-conformances and collaborate with the quality team to implement root-cause corrective actions
Basic Success Criteria
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of integration, manufacturing, design, and/or testing experience
- Hands-on confidence in troubleshooting, repair, setup, and operating complex avionics products
- Understanding and familiarity with aerospace manufacturing, processing, and materials knowledge
- Proficiency with computer-aided designed (CAD) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, such as NX and Teamcenter
- A&P Certification
- Experience with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory requirements (e.g., 14 CFR 21.137, DO-160, D0-254, etc.)
- Electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our team is passionate about delivering on our commitments, solving hard problems, continuously improving, and helping the business succeed. We are constantly reevaluating our technologies, products, and capabilities. If you are a lifelong learner, you will love this environment. Get in on the ground floor and help us build the company.
The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California. Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
The estimated salary range for this position is $132,500 to $215,000/annual salary + cash and stock option awards + benefits. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers, and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com