Mountain View, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As a Navigation Engineer at Reliable Robotics, you will be part of the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Team. You will contribute to the navigation system design, implementation, and testing, and your work will help enable the operation of remotely-piloted aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish navigation system requirements and architect the navigation system
- Analyze, source, and select sensor solutions for use in the navigation system
- Develop sensor models in simulation for evaluation of the navigation system
- Implement state estimation algorithms in flight software
- Test navigation software in simulation, hardware-in-loop, and flight
Basic Success Criteria
- MS in aerospace engineering, computer science, or similar advanced degree
- Deep technical expertise in one of the following areas: Kalman filtering, probability theory, or fault detection and exclusion (FDE)
- 4+ years of professional experience developing navigation algorithms
- 2+ years of professional experience with C/C++
- Sensor fusion, localization, and tracking algorithms
- Sensor error/noise modeling
- GNSS integrity monitoring
We are developing and building high-integrity, safety-critical systems for automated flight, and your role is critical to what we do at Reliable Robotics. With the support of the entire team, you will enable novel navigation capabilities that drive our core company mission forward.
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time. This position can be filled remotely or based at our facility in Mountain View, California.
The estimated salary range for this position is $141,000 to $248,500/annual salary + cash and stock option awards + benefits. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org