Sr. Radar Processing Design Engineer (Radar Algorithms)
Mountain View, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As a Sr. Radar Systems Engineer, you will be a part of our Avionics Hardware Engineering team. Your work will help bring together mechanical, electrical, GNC, and safety requirements to produce complex components that are key to the success of our efforts to automate aviation. You’ll collaborate with a broad set of teams to develop a system architecture and incorporate requirements across the hardware/software stack.
In your role as a Sr. Radar Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for phased array radar system analysis, and radar processing algorithm development. Implementation of algorithms in Matlab, Python or C++. You will drive the system level development of phased array radar. Drive trade studies and help the hardware team develop circuit level requirements. You will work across engineering teams to implement and troubleshoot your radar processing algorithms. You will be the owner of real time processing of radar algorithms on an FPGA, DSP-based platform. You will support the integration of the radar on the aircraft and support data collection and analysis during flight testing.
Basic Success Criteria
- Electrical Engineering fundamentals, typically gained through a Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience with Radar algorithm, radar system design, integration and test of a radar system. Pulsed and FMCW processing algorithm development
- Experience with Pulsed and FMCW radar system design and moving target detection
- Experience in airborne radar testing and flight test card development
- Experience with Processor development kits and GUI for radar system design
- Ability to use Matlab, Python and C++
- Ability to work within a team, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, find root cause, and resolve issues
- Advanced Degree of Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing system architectures and managing requirements for certification of Avionics
- Weather radar algorithm development
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting various electronic sensors and components
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Experience designing, circuits
- Proven track record of shipping products and completing projects
We're a growing, motivated, fast-paced team of avionics professionals. We move quickly, and everyone wears multiple hats. We're looking for someone who is diligent and detail-oriented who can join our team and make an immediate impact.
Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
The estimated salary range for this position is $152,000 to $248,000/annual salary + cash and stock option awards + benefits. At Reliable Robotics we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com