Staff Software Engineer - Universal Object Platform
- Constructing a unified query layer for accessing data across multiple storage layers.
- Designing algorithms to optimize specific data access patterns.
- Creating a domain-specific language that allows engineers to interact with these foundational elements.
- Establishing a generic data persistence layer that spans across Rippling's entire technology stack (similar to building GCP Firebase).
- Developing fundamental abstractions/frameworks that enable engineers to create OLAP or OLTP-oriented applications.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments
- Preferred experience in building out large scale product infrastructures/platforms
- Preferred experience in our technology stack- Python, Django, Golang, React, MongoDB, Presto, Pinot, Kafka, AWS
- Ability to thrive in an dynamic environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.