Senior Software Engineer, Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors-including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
Rippling's Growth platform team collaborates closely with marketing and product teams to create cutting-edge infrastructure for delivering highly relevant content, including ads and emails, to precisely targeted audiences at optimal times, maximizing buying opportunities. Our primary focus lies in cross-platform customer acquisition and monetization, achieved through the development of a state-of-the-art email and omnichannel outreach platform. The platform leverages proprietary data funnels and recommendation algorithms to effectively target potential Rippling customers with personalized ads showcasing Rippling's products.
Moreover, the team spearheads the creation of a robust marketing data platform, serving as the backbone for all other customer acquisition endeavors. Our responsibilities extend to managing Rippling's machine learning platform, ads platform, and advanced email outreach systems, ensuring a seamless and data-driven approach to marketing.
Overall, the Growth platform team plays a critical role in Rippling's success, driving innovative marketing strategies, and harnessing the power of technology to achieve exceptional results in customer acquisition and engagement.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer for our Growth Acquisitions Platform team in San Francisco, California as we scale the team for the next phase of growth. As a senior software engineer for this team, you will:
What you will do
- Utilizing ML/AI to create recommendation algorithms and audience generation at a large scale.
- Creating cutting-edge experimentation platforms for conducting Ads experiments at scale.
- Developing high-quality software with meticulous attention to detail using Python, React, MongoDB, Snowflake, and Kafka.
- Leveraging big data technologies such as Apache Presto, Apache Pinot, Flink, and Airflow.
- Building customer data pipelines that operate efficiently across various business systems.
- Designing, coding, and testing software systems, improvements, products, and user-facing experiences.
- Collaborating with software architects and senior developers to perform state-of-the-art development work.
- Contributing to product design and implementation discussions.
- Identifying and implementing unique solutions to take projects from the concept phase to production.
What you will need
To thrive in this role, we're looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of professional work experience, showcasing a strong foundation in software engineering.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated track record of developing scalable and extendable core services or products, showcasing your ability to deliver impactful solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to articulate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision.
Join Rippling's Growth Platform team today and be part of a dynamic and innovative organization, where your expertise and contributions will drive meaningful growth and shape the future of our company!
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.