Senior GTM Manager, Competitive Intelligence
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Scaling to $1B ARR and beyond means we need to build a go-to-market engine that drives growth across dozens of product SKUs, sales segments, buyer personas, and countries.
That’s where you come in.
As a Senior GTM Manager of Competitive Intelligence, you’ll orchestrate our competitive intelligence and positioning across multiple sales segments. You will gather and analyze market intelligence to ensure we build the right products and tell the right stories, so our sales team can win.
This role is highly cross-functional. You will work closely with Rippling’s Sales teams, Product organization, and the rest of our Marketing machine. You'll love this role if you have a strong ownership mentality, knack for messaging and positioning, and sharp sales instincts.
This position reports to the Director, GTM of Competitive Intelligence. Our GTM team sits within the marketing org. It’s based in our San Francisco office.
What you will do
- Be the in-house expert and own the competitive messaging & positioning for multiple key segments and 20+ competitors
- Contribute to and execute on a competitive intelligence strategy that helps Rippling stay ahead of the competition
- Identify and track key competitive trends and opportunities in the market
- Partner closely with Rippling’s sales team to identify areas of competitive needs and create necessary tools and collateral
- Drive adoption of competitive intelligence tools and collateral to help increase win rates
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership in a clear and concise manner
What you will need
- 6+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, sales, product marketing, management consulting, or a related field
- Experience working at a SaaS company and having directly interfaced with sales preferred
- Strong communicator with proven ability to translate customer and market insights into crisp GTM messaging
- Superb collaborator and project owner. From Day 1, you’ll need to align stakeholders across multiple teams—many of which may have competing priorities.
- Self-starter with a bias towards action who is able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Structured thinker with strong analytical and research skills
- Sweats the details - small and big, alike.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.