Staff Platform Engineer
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership, and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Interact with customers and support them in being successful with Rippling
Influence technology selections and trends of the whole company
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, with 4+ years in technical lead of architect roles
- Preferred experience in our technology stack - Python, Django, Golang, React, MongoDB, Presto, Pinot, Kafka, AWS
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments
- Preferred experience in building out large-scale product infrastructures/platforms
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience mentoring less-experienced developers
Ability to thrive in an environment that grants you a lot of autonomy to explore creative solutions
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture