Director of Engineering - HRIS Products and Platform
- You will be responsible for working collaboratively with other cross-functional teams and leaders to bring together a suite of core platform products.
- Work cross functionally with design leadership and product management leadership to drive the vision and strategy of this organization
- Responsible for thinking about the team from both a platform mindset as well as a product oriented mindset
- Drive engineering initiatives like architectural changes & hiring process changes
- Provide technical leadership and vision in a widely scoped engineering team.
- Capable of driving development of products and platforms in a fast paced, startup environment
- Experience building products and team from the ground up
- At least 14 years of experience in software development and delivery, with in-depth knowledge of software architectures
- At least 10 years of experience as an Engineering Manager in leading small and mid-sized development teams
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or experience in a relevant field
- Experience building large scale software platform
- Proficiency in recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- Team development skills: ability to set a roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, offer engineering advice, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, work with team members to grow in their careers, and ensure everyone delivers quality results
- Great project management skills to lead, care about product ownership, an outstanding customer-centric mindset, and solving problems for our customers.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.