Senior Manager, Media & Sponsorships
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Awareness among our target audience is too low and we’ve allocated significant spend to address this. But, we need to focus those dollars and maximize impact. This starts with building a deep understanding of our audience set which spans HR, IT, and Finance. And then delivering the right messages, in the right places, at the right times. That’s where you come in. As The Head of Media and Sponsorships at Rippling, you will define our entire media plan, deploy integrated campaigns, negotiate top-tier sponsorships, and own the outcomes.
The role will report to our Director of Brand Marketing and work across the entire marketing team to drive awareness, consideration, and revenue!
What you will do
- Develop a multi-channel strategy to determine how, when, and where we deploy our advertising to drive top of funnel brand awareness
- Alternate between zooming out, e.g. creating a full media, and zooming in, e.g. being hands-on in tools where you’ll use to help launch and optimize ads, manage budgets, prepare reporting, etc.
- Lead end-to-end campaigns across channels (CTV, OOH, TV, Radio, Digital, and Social media, etc.) including planning, creative, deploying, budgeting, and defining metrics to monitor performance against forecast and goals
- Display a strong, consistent, and vocal brand media point of view
- Partner with data science to measure impact and refine as needed, e.g. optimize creative
- Drive sponsorships that create value through awareness and deal acceleration
- Explore a range of events from sports to localized industry events, sponsored content plays, and everything in between
- Deploy strategic plays; we’re not interested in just slapping logos on jerseys or cars but integrating our product story with the sponsor’s story
- Curate in-person experiences, not only focused on accelerating deal cycles but also 1:1 relationships with named accounts
- Lean in to each of Rippling’s verticals–Finance, HR, IT–and drive campaigns targeting a very broad TAM
What you will need
- 7-10 years of experience in media, advertising, and sponsorships, including some (1) B2B, and (2) mid-market/enterprise
- A strong background in partnering with finance and legal
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in contract review
- Experience with agencies and vendors
- Well-networked and willing to leverage industry connections
- Ability to think creatively about brand placement within any sponsorship and how to drive ROI through campaigns, events, etc.
- Comfort with leveraging the marketing tech stack, analytical rigor, and a data -driven approach and POV for how we measure the efficiency of programs
- History of having tight working relationships with Sales, partnering with them to understand how your role feeds into their goals, and building a feedback loop to help reinforce messaging and accelerate sales
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.