HR Business Partner
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Our hyper growth presents an exciting and interesting challenge to scale people, processes, and develop management capability effectively in a constantly evolving business context. We’re looking for a HR Business Partner to be a trusted partner to our leaders and their teams, advising and coaching on all aspects of people management - Leadership Development, Organization Design, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, et al. This role will play a critical part in building management capability by educating and training managers on employee life cycle processes and people management.
With the company having tripled its headcount last year and forecast to double again this year, there is an excellent opportunity for impact. You will join an HR function that is also in a build mode and racing to get ahead of the needs of the business on the people front. It’s an exciting opportunity to lead and learn in a fast-paced setting with a group of smart and passionate people!
This individual will work on a hybrid basis, with expectations of being on-site at our San Francisco or New York office 3 days per week.
What you will do
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive and execute successful delivery of all HR programs including performance management, management excellence programs, and compensation reviews
- Coach and advise managers on complex leadership and HR matters including sensitive employee relations issues
- Guide managers on career pathing and leveling, skill and professional development
- Assess manager and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1/group sessions as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for employees; helping them navigate professional or personal issues that impact their work and career growth
- Collaborate across peer groups to drive talent initiatives to meet business needs
- Lead day-to-day activities related to HR policies, processes, and programs
- Track and analyze key indicators of organizational health and recommend ways to improve value
- Support employees in the respective organizations and serve as the face of HR to these teams
What you will need
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous HRBP experience
- Deep understanding of HR processes, especially hands-on experience in management/leadership development, performance management, and employee relations
- Previous experience in management/leadership development programs and/or learning and development function strongly preferred
- Business savvy; can quickly develop the business sense to offer relevant HR solutions
- Assertive and humble; can overcome resistance and effectively manage change
- Fast-paced and action-oriented; can comfortably operate in ambiguity with minimal guidance
- A positive can-do attitude; can navigate through the challenges and find solutions
- Able to operate at a tactical as well as strategic level
- Analytical, quantitative, and process-oriented thinker; someone comfortable digging into data as needed to inform decisions
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process.
To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.