Sr. Customer Experience Representative
CURRENT ROOT EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career page in Workday. This career site is for external applicants only.
We are looking for a Sr. Customer Experience Representative. At Root, the customer is at the heart of all that we do. Our Customer Experience Team is the gateway to our customers’ first impressions and directly shapes both our customer experience and their product relationship. Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
Compensation: This position pays $20.75 an hour
Start Date: April 15th
Schedules: The schedule will vary, shift times span Monday through Friday 8:45AM to 8:30PM EST.
How You Will Make an Impact
• Personal Lines Licensed Representative with ability to direct, manage and handle transactions financially impacting customers.
• Receive inbound calls and foster a strong customer relationship by building rapport.
• Leverage internal tools to research and resolve customer requests thoroughly and accurately.
• Educate, advise, and consult current and potential customers on coverage choices.
• Independently identify appropriate insurance products and coverage amounts to align with customer needs, goals and risk tolerance.
• Create quote options based on customer needs and educate on coverage limits when applicable.
• Meet and exceed monthly KPIs/metrics assigned by the business unit.
• Recommend improvements to improve internal tools, product/app, marketing and overall product experience.
• Responsible for maintaining all ongoing continuing education for Personal Lines license as it is required by the state.
• Deliver consistent positive customer experience by promptly replying to customer inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
• Ability to independently operate and succeed in ambiguous situations.
What You Will Need to Succeed
• 1-2 years of customer service experience, insurance background preferred.
• Must have a Personal Lines License (or willingness to obtain within 30 days of
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume call environment.
• Ability to handle responsibilities and assignments with limited oversight.
• Excellent written/verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be timely, patient, and attentive to customer needs and requests.
• Friendly disposition with natural ability to read customers and use active listening to determine needs.
• Willing to go the extra mile attitude.
• Willingness to learn and ability to gain deep knowledge of insurance products and smartphone app.
• Detail oriented with affinity for multi-tasking.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Root, Inc., we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.