Sr. Analyst, Internal Audit and Internal Controls
CURRENT ROOT EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career page in Workday. This career site is for external applicants only.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Internal Audit and Internal Controls to support the on-going development and testing of Root’s SOX, Model Audit Rule, and Internal Audit programs. Working within a blended in-house and co-sourced team this person will play a key role in the continued development of Root’s internal control framework and gain exposure to all areas of the business. Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
Root is a “work where it works best” company. Meaning we will support you working in whatever location that works best for you across the US. We will continue to have our headquarters in Columbus and offices in other locations to give more flexibility and more choice about how we live and work.
Salary Range: $91,000 to $113,000
How You Will Make an Impact
● Lead and complete discrete areas of walkthroughs, testing and associated SOX / MAR /IA documentation.
● Work collaboratively with the in-house and co-sourcing team to effectively communicate and educate business partners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls and an effective control environment.
● Assist in evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies, including monitoring of remediation efforts.
● Assist in the coordination of external audit related controls requests from our auditors.
● Support project management efforts in relation to the testing and on-going monitoring of Root’s SOX, Model Audit Rule, and Internal Audit programs.
● Develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
● Provide support to the business with ongoing improvement and innovation of the SOX/MAR and Internal Audit programs including the identification of opportunities for streamlining and automation.
● Provide support with the development of internal control related training for business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
● Perform other duties as needed.
What You Will Need to Succeed
● 3+ years of SOX experience either as an in-house SOX, Internal Audit, Compliance or Risk Management professional or equivalent Big 4 experience.
● Proven understanding of testing methodologies, business and/or IT processes and issue management.
● CPA/CISA/CIA qualified or willingness to obtain one of these professional qualifications within 3 years of employment at Root.
● Someone who thrives in fast paced environments with a desire for continuous learning.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence a range of different internal and external stakeholders
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Root, Inc., we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.