Merchant Success Manager - Onyon
Did you know that there is a new way to place orders in restaurants in Italy?
Our name is ONYON, we are a company of the Satispay group and we have created an app that allows people to order and pay from the table directly with their smartphone and with complete autonomy. In this way, we reduce traditional waiting times and significantly improve the customer experience in-store, increasing orders and reorders in favor of venues, while facilitating the work of staff and waiters.
We are looking for creative, curious, and enthusiastic people who are determined to make their mark on everyday life!
Efficiency, Responsibility, and Ambition are our watchwords.
You will join an established and experienced team, constantly growing as we rapidly expand our market presence!
If you believe in ambitious projects as we do, and are ready to take on the challenge, we are looking for a Head of Merchant Success.
Join us as a Head of Merchant Success - ONYON
What you will be doing:
As Head of Merchant Success for Onyon, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing merchant success strategies based on Onyon’s vision and objectives. You will be responsible for building out the Merchant Success function; which includes being responsible for supporting small business owners on Onyon to be successful, constantly improving the end-to-end experience from onboarding and ongoing usage of our products.
We are looking for someone excited and interested in building the Merchant Success team, tools, and strategies from the ground up. Your main tasks will be:
- Build a world-class Merchant Success team by recruiting, mentoring, and coaching talent
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and management to the customer success team, establishing a customer-focused, result-oriented, and performance-based culture across the organization
- Develop and execute the full post-sales funnel to increase Merchant satisfaction, retention, transaction volume, revenue, and LTV (Track, analyze, report, and continuously improve these metrics)
- Collaborate cross-functionally and gather feedback from Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, and other departments to improve MSAT and accelerate Onion's growth
- Define merchant success criteria, drive customer advocacy, and challenge the status quo;
- Be accountable for merchant retention
What we need:
This role requires functional experience in merchant acquisition, account management, consulting, support, business operations, financial transaction processing knowledge, and business development.
- A background in customer-facing roles. Over 5 years of experience with at least 3 years in Merchant Success is required; experience in managing customers and enabling customer success
- Over 3 years experience in building a successful team from the ground up.
- An exceptional leader with proven experience in navigating complexity in organizations with constant change, with rapidly rising expectations
- Good foresight, creativity, and strong analytical skills. Ability to come up with innovative ways to solve problems by using a data-driven approach, connecting the dots and nailing down root causes for problems, and translating strategic directions into action
- Interpreting data to drive business improvement
- Strong both verbal and written communication with the ability to build a solid and efficient communication funnel with our merchants
- Ability to understand and communicate local market needs and operate in an ever-evolving, ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Previous experience in a digital scale-up company (Preferred)
- CRM certification or relevant experience with CRM adoption (Preferred)
- Enthusiastic and convey positive energy in your interactions;
- Empathetic, dynamic, and can adapt to rapidly changing environments;
- Able to work under stress;
- Autonomous in performing major tasks;
- Proactive. Think there's a better way to do business? Show us!
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles for which they do not perfectly fit the job description.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE PERFECT, send us your application if you feel there’s a match!
Logistic & Salary
The role is based in Milano, in a hybrid work mode (with two days of remote work per week).
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The selection process
Once we receive your CV, we will take the time to evaluate it carefully.
Should there be a match for this or any other position at the Company, we will be in touch with you.
Our selection process may vary in the number and order of steps but generally includes an HR interview, technical evaluation, and a final meeting in person. We aim to have the entire process completed in under 4 weeks.
In case there is no match at the moment don’t worry, we will make sure to keep your CV in consideration for future vacancies!
Satispay is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We promote the inclusion and work integration of people belonging to protected categories - as regulated by Law 68/99.
This job opportunity is addressed to both sexes, in accordance with Laws 903/77.