Social Media and Community Manager
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build a community around the calendar. We’re starting in high school helping millions of young people all over the United States manage their time and stay better connected with friends and their communities. We’ve raised more than $44 million in funding from General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Coatue, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, and other top venture investors. Come join us to drive major impact on an energetic and ambitious team!
As a Social Media and Community Manager at Saturn, you will shape our strategy and presence on platforms including TikTok and Instagram. You have two primary goals: help increase organic user acquisition by growing the number of users who find on social channels, and qualitatively improve our brand by creating great content and engaging with our audience.
In this role, you will set our TikTok and Instagram strategies in collaboration with the team, source and manage our content for both platforms, and utilize a performance marketing budget to increase our reach in conjunction with your organic content strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Social Strategy and Content Management: Develop and manage TikTok and Instagram strategies, focusing on TikTok for discovery and user acquisition, and Instagram for community engagement.
- Content Creation: Create your own original content, including feature walkthroughs, green-screen videos, highlight reels, and other content types that match trends and industry best practices.
- Influencer Collaboration: Identify, source, and partner with micro-influencers and power users on Saturn to create content and expand our brand reach; manage these relationships and oversee payment and contract management in collaboration with ops and finance.
- Creator Support: Assist creators in producing engaging content about our product and brand.
- Community Engagement: Interact with followers, manage the content calendar, respond to queries, and monitor app store reviews. Help raise awareness for new features among our community using our social platforms.
- Community Management and Collaboration with Ambassadors: Leverage the Saturn community to support the content roadmap and build relationships with creators already in Saturn’s user base
- Scheduling: Use content calendars and scheduling tools to manage our calendars, and report out to the team on upcoming content schedules.
- Analytics Monitoring: Track campaign performance and use insights for strategy refinement and content optimization.
- Performance Marketing Support: Assist with performance marketing campaigns by sourcing content, and help oversee utilization of TikTok Spark Ads, Instagram Ads, content boosting, and more.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Social Media Manager with a focus on TikTok.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- In-depth knowledge of TikTok's algorithms, trends, and best practices.
- Experience in content creation and video editing.
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Experience with digital marketing tools, content creation tools, and core analytics and marketing frameworks
- Creative mindset and clear ability to ideate and spot original branding opportunities
This role offers a competitive compensation package with an estimated annual salary range of $60,000 - $90,000, exclusive of bonuses, commissions, and equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls. We are committed to considering individual factors and welcoming direct conversations about compensation. Saturn embraces both a hybrid and fully remote work environment. Those team members who live locally come together to collaborate in the New York City office in person. We offer remote work on Fridays. We also have fully remote employees across several time zones. We welcome applications from both local and remote candidates. This role reports to one of the co-founders.
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.