Senior Account Executive - Global Accounts
Scale is seeking an experienced Senior Global Account Executive to lead growth and impact from Scale's products. Scale is an AI infrastructure platform that empowers machine learning developers and organizations to build the world’s most ambitious AI solutions. This hybrid role will have you hunting new business while also maintaining and growing some of Scale’s largest accounts. .
You will have:
- You’re a creative thinker and have good business sense: This role requires a high degree of sales and business knowledge within global accounts that allows you to autonomously run your business including, but not limited to: Forecasting and reporting, account and territory planning, pipeline creation, project scoping, complex negotiations and account management.
- Possess a high degree of EQ that allows you to be effective with a wide variety of personalities and cultures. You know when to push and when to pull back and can read non-verbal cues well. You will be interacting with teams across the globe (internally and externally) and building long lasting relationships based on trust and respect which will be essential to your success. You are effective in speaking with day-to-day stakeholders up to VP and C-level executives.
- A strong track record of selling highly technical products into very large and complex accounts.
- A passion for this industry: You’re intellectually curious and genuinely interested in AI and enjoy staying on top of industry trends, subscribing to related news/articles and often find yourself talking about it with your friends, family or colleagues. You can explain what is happening in the Generative AI space.
- Thrive in a very high pace environment: You’re happiest when your place is full and the work you’re doing is impactful and highly visible across the organization.
- You ruthlessly prioritize and focus on things that are going to help move the needle. You can quickly qualify opportunities to ensure the organization is spending time on things that are aligned with our business and its goals.
- Strong sales process skills, you know how to navigate Salesforce; building dashboards for yourself to manage your business and ensuring opportunity data is captured to properly report against.
- You’re meticulous in your writing and verbal skills, always delivering professional and grammatically correct client communications, proposals and presentations.
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience selling both to a business and technical audience, specifically within Big Tech accounts.
Ideally you'd have:
- Impact led business growth: Expertise in selling to large enterprise companies, and can use and adopt technologies to build a better world. Experience defining requirements and building strategies to effectively scale revenue through early product development, focused on impact as well as revenue.
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments: You are going to be working on selling products very early in development, iterating on those sales models, and closing marquee customers for our new products.
- 5+ years of Business Development, Consultant, and/or Solutions Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex solutions to enterprise and software companies.
- Technology sales: Expertise in technology sales, distribution, and adoption of complex business models. Scale isn’t a “revenue per seat” sales model. We focus on developer / API focussed technologies, or consumption based technology, selling to machine learning and data science teams. Having this experience is a plus, but not required. At Scale, customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- Cross functional and executive influence: Working cross functionally with Executive Leadership, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Compliance to ensure customer success. Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels. Experience with creating, developing, and communicating executive level materials.
- Accountability: Quantifying business needs and developing metrics. Proven track record of delivering performance against goals consistently and predictably.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Scale's equity plan.
This position is available in or near a U.S.-based Scale hub office (examples: San Francisco, DC, New York). No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $140,000 - $175,000, depending on level and years of experience. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants' needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.
Something looks off?