Chief of Staff, Enterprise AI
At Scale, we believe that AI will dramatically improve the world, and our mission is to accelerate the development of AI. As Chief of Staff & Delivery Strategist, Enterprise AI, you will work closely with Scale’s Enterprise business unit leadership team to execute on our vision to be the partner of choice for AI solutions at top tier Fortune 500 companies. With a deep focus on Generative AI and Large Language Model (LLM) applications for large enterprises, you will be working on the bleeding edge of AI innovation.
In this leadership role, you will help define top-level business unit priorities & goals, develop business development strategies, drive planning processes, and lead strategy and delivery of cutting-edge AI solutions for the world’s largest enterprises.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is able to combine meticulous planning & organization, analytical rigor, an obsessive focus on customer relationships and outcomes, and an empathetic interpersonal style. You have a demonstrated ability to lead AI projects and initiatives, establish credibility with internal and customer C-Suite stakeholders, and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to tackle a variety of challenges. If you want to work on the most ambitious Generative AI innovation in the world and have some fun while doing it, we'd love to hear from you!
- Partner with the VP/GM of Enterprise AI and other senior leadership to define business priorities, drive execution of key initiatives, and create alignment between and within teams.
- Help develop overall business unit strategy, business development priorities, and internal operating models.
- Drive weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual planning processes for the Enterprise business unit.
- Perform analyses and provide recommendations to facilitate effective business unit decision making.
- Support Enterprise business unit Solutions Delivery leadership in developing strategies and leading execution of the highest priority AI deployments for the world’s largest and most well known brands.
- Own key operational rhythms / processes (weekly leadership meetings, All Hands, OKR reviews, team offsites), including preparing the agenda, facilitating the discussions, documenting notes / action items, and closing out follow ups.
- Act as a thought partner to Enterprise business unit leadership, proactively identifying risks and opportunities to shape our products and improve internal operations.
Ideally you'd have:
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, business operations, or other highly strategic, analytical and operational roles within a rapidly growing company.
- Strong executive communication skills – able to synthesize complex details into accessible and precise insights.
- Demonstrated ability to lead AI projects with technical and business team members, driving to high quality insights and deliverables amidst ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- A proven ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of people, and influence cross-functionally without direct authority.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Large Language Models and Generative AI
- Degree in computer science or other STEM field, or hands-on experience with building software or machine learning systems.
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $160,000-$168,000. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants' needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.
Something looks off?