Senior Software Engineer - eCommerce AI
Scale EGP is designed to power the deployment of generative AI for enterprises and governments. It encompasses an enterprise-ready development platform that enables prompt iteration, model evaluation, data connectors, and IP management for generative apps. Apps are vertical-specific applications built on top of this platform. Customers either use the platform or specialized out of box apps.
Ecommerce AI, our most mature vertical, focuses on building out the following apps (from most mature to early) to solve challenges at companies like Instacart, Grab, ASOS, Faire, Meta, and others:
- Catalog AI: product attribute enrichment & item de-duplication using AI. Over 30+ categories and 10+ languages covered. Enhance up to 10M products per week.
- Forge: the creative marketing suite for media - generate images and copy all in your brand's style. Use via the UI or direct API integration into your platform.
- Shop Chat: personalized shopping assistant for every buyer. Tailored to recommend your products, inventory, reviews, and FAQs. Use as a widget or embed into your platform using the API.
- Merchant Co-pilot: bring data and forecasting superpowers to your merchants. Answer their questions on sales history, trends, traffic, and more. Tap into existing systems the teams already use.
In this role, you'll be given the opportunity to own critical parts of any of these products to meaningfully drive millions of dollars in revenue. You’ll work with talented engineers and operators across the US, Argentina, Europe, and Mexico. The ideal person is a natural entrepreneurial engineer who can take an ambiguous scope and lead the execution of outcomes, doing what it takes to hit them incl coding, talking to customers, defining requirements, etc.
You’re excited about solving customer problems, and you pick the technologies and tactics that balance speed, function, and long-term robustness. The ideal person would do the following:
- Own large new areas within our product
- Work across backend, frontend, and interacting with LLMs and ML models
- Deliver experiments at a high velocity and level of quality to engage our customers
- Work across the entire product lifecycle from conceptualization through production
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
Ideally you have:
- 3+ years of full-time engineering experience, post-graduation
- Experience scaling products at hyper growth startups
- Experience tinkering with or productizing LLMs, CV, vector databases, and the other latest AI technologies
- Experience working fluently with standard orchestration & deployment technologies like Kubernetes, Temporal, Terraform, Docker, etc in multiple clouds
- Experience at other API technology companies
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $179,200-$215,040. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants' needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.
Something looks off?