Scale plays a vital role in the development of AI applications. Our customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines, ensuring that the world's most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers.
Our Solutions Engineers ensure customers' first experiences with Scale's technology is flawless and leads to a successful long-term partnership. Solutions Engineers partner closely with AEs to lead prospective customers through the pre-sales process, delivering customized demos and pilots with the goal of getting the customer to “Product Yes”. Solutions Engineers scope customer technical requirements and input into Scale's final proposal, and develop the post-sales on-boarding plan. Solutions Engineers are relentlessly curious about customer needs and pain-points, and employ their expert Scale product knowledge and general technical knowledge on web development and infrastructure to design solutions that best address these needs. Solutions Engineers are strong relationship builders, great project managers and always fun to work with.
- Partner with Scale AEs on the customer journey, delivering tailored demos and customer pilots according to requirements agreed with the customer
- Develop technical domain expertise in Generative AI / Large Language Model applications for Enterprise use-cases including customers in financial services, insurance, SaaS and similar enterprise use-cases
- Be accountable for the customer experience during the pilot and closing phase of new logos
- Interact with customers on a day-to-day basis to understand their needs and design solutions to better serve these needs,
- Design, develop and maintain playbooks, demos and other tools for executing successful, efficient pilots
- Work with AEs and PMs to identify customer-specific feature requests
Ideally you'd have:
- Strong engineering background with prior experience working with clients in a pre or post-sales capacity to realize business goals
- Prior experience developing with Python, Java and / or other web development languages
- Experience working in enterprise SaaS, cloud tech, finance, fintech or similar industries in a technical capacity with end-customer engagement
- A track record as a self-starter, motivated to independently unblock technical issues in the field with the customer, away from the mothership
- Presentation skills with a high degree of technical credibility when speaking with executives and front-line engineers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Intellectual curiosity, empathy, and ability to operate with high velocity
Nice to haves:
- Startup experience
- Previous experience as a technical go-to-market resource
The base salary range for this full-time position in our New York office is $155,000 - $180,000. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants' needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.