Cleared Operations Manager
Scale's Federal customer base is growing rapidly, and you will be on the front lines of machine learning (ML) operations to accelerate the development of artificial intelligence (AI) applications for the Department of Defense and other national security customers. As a Federal Operations Manager, you have complete project-level ownership of the operations of our data labeling system and are responsible for delivering data on time and at a high level of quality. You will build a team of high quality data quality specialists, leverage structured problem-solving to drive operational efficiencies, and work cross-functionally with other Scale teams. Based on the project, you may also be the front line customer touch point. All of this serves an ultimate goal of delivering outsize value in supporting our Federal customer’s AI / ML objectives.
- Own and execute multiple data annotation workflows across diverse data types (geospatial imagery, text, etc)
- Optimize data annotation workflows to improve data quality to achieve machine learning outcomes
- Drive operational efficiencies on these workflows to achieve business outcomes
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with engineering, product, analytics, and delivery teams (as well as relevant experts) to achieve project outcomes
- Communicate with and shape outcomes for Scale’s strategic customers across the Department of Defense and national security customers
Ideally you'd have:
- An active TS-SCI security clearance
- 3+ years of experience in a general manager / program manager position or a similar leadership role in operations
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional environments
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- An analytical, problem solving, and grit mindset to deliver metrics-led results
- Intellectual interest in machine learning and a strong desire to do impactful work in support of the U.S. government
- Able to work onsite in a secure facility in downtown Saint Louis, MO
Nice to haves:
- A technical background (education or professional experience with computer science, economics, statistics, or engineering)
- SQL knowledge and ability to apply statistical methods to drive data analysis
- Experience with lean process improvement, Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, etc.
- Experience working in and / or with the U.S. government
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of St. Louis, MO is $89,600 - $107,520. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.