Scale AI is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our growing accounting team and assist in preparing day to day corporate accounting operations, supporting the month end close process, and helping to implement systems and processes that will support Scale as we continue to grow. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast and high-growth environment.
The ideal candidate thrives in a high-growth start-up, is detail-oriented, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate has demonstrated the ability to build scalable cross-functional relationships through systems and process implementation. We hope you will join our team!
- Prepare journal entries and day to day corporate accounting activities, support the month end close process, and provide timely and accurate month-end close financials that are U.S. GAAP compliant
- Build or enhance balance sheet account reconciliation workpaper including reviewing and performing some clean-up of historical reconciliations and related balances
- Collaborate within Accounting and Finance teams on metrics, flux analysis, forecast, and projections and support preparation of the monthly reporting package
- Prepare documents supporting internal and external audits and ensure the successful completion of those audits
- Manage FloQast, our month end close and reconciliation management tool
- Support the implementation of new systems, tools, and processes to streamline close and build scalable solutions to support the growth of the Company
- Identify and drive process improvements to gain efficiencies and reduce close timeline
- Develop, maintain and improve internal controls which relate to assigned areas
Ideally you'd have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience; Combination of public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred) and industry experience (start-up through to becoming a public Company experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process is strongly preferred
- Experience with financial audit preparation is strongly preferred
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc); must be highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills; project management experience a plus, ability to work in a fast pace environment
Nice to Haves:
- Direct accounting experience for any/all of the following areas: accruals, investment, internally use software, ASC 842 leases, cloud computing arrangement, stock-based compensation and/or consolidation and Fx.
- Proficiency in SQL, NetSuite, FloQast, Coupa and Jira considered a plus
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub location of San Francisco is $92,000-$110,400. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
Please note that in order to maintain integrity to our Scale titling philosophy, we do not internally use titles such as “senior,” but have levels to reflect seniority. Our Talent Acquisition team works closely with our employees to provide them the opportunity to grow their careers and demonstrate the scope of work in other ways aside from job titles. If you have further questions, please direct them to your recruiter and/or hiring manager, who can provide more insight.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.