Senior Staff Customer Quality Engineer
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Customer Quality Engineer on the Quality team you will help create the next generation of battery materials by focusing on Sila’s operational ability to meet customer requirements. You will drive deployment of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) within the company. Also, you will focus on addressing customer quality-related topics and executing/improving associated quality systems. You are someone who can effectively manage multiple responsibilities, self-motivated and can work autonomously with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and eager to create structure. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to collaboratively solve problems and set others up for success.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams in identifying/defining customer requirements and specifications.
- Lead cross-functional product quality planning efforts for upcoming products, taking into account the production plan and expected customers/markets.
- Integrate APQP deliverables and requirements into existing programs and procedures; champion APQP principles and train/develop stakeholder knowledge and skills.
- Serve as primary Quality team contact for customer quality topics, issues, and initiatives.
- Serve as process owner/administrator and contributor for key quality systems such as customer complaints, management of change, and internal audits. Monitor, report on, and improve quality system performance.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in Quality; minimum of 3 years of work experience in an automotive IATF certified company; experience with bulk materials preferred
- Standards & Guidelines: Strong familiarity with APQP principles and industry standards/guidelines; strong knowledge of IATF, AIAG, and VDA preferred
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Critical thinking: Ability to think deeply and critically in order to solve problems and develop strategies within a cross-functional team
- Quality mindset: Strong attention to detail; process-based thinking
- Leadership & Autonomy: Can effectively manage multiple responsibilities, is self-motivated and can work autonomously with minimal guidance; comfortable with ambiguity and eager to create structure; able to lead cross-functional teams
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
- Ability to travel 10% of the year
The starting base pay for this role is between $132,000 and $167,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. #LI-FM1 #LI-Hybrid
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.