We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Reliability Technician you will play a key role in maintaining and optimizing the operations for our battery material manufacturing facility in Moses Lake, WA. You will be part of a growing team ensuring the reliability and efficiency of our production equipment. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing preventive and predictive maintenance programs, troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment issues, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to continuously improve our reliability practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
Preventative Maintenance: Conduct regular inspections, calibrations, and minor repairs to keep equipment in top condition. Develop and implement comprehensive preventive maintenance schedules.
- Troubleshooting and Repair: Diagnose equipment failures and malfunctions quickly and accurately.Perform repairs using proper tools, techniques, and safety procedures.Order and replace faulty parts and components.
- Equipment Performance Optimization: Analyze equipment performance data to identify potential issues and trends. Implement reliability improvement initiatives, like RCM and CBM, to maximize uptime. Develop and implement equipment maintenance plans and procedures.
- Documentation and Compliance: Maintain detailed records of all maintenance activities and equipment history. Ensure adherence to safety regulations, protocols, and best practices.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with production, engineering, and procurement teams to address maintenance concerns.Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on the latest industry trends and technologies in maintenance and reliability.Participate in training programs to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 2+ years of experience as a Maintenance Technician or in a related role.
- An associate's degree in a technical field; mechanical engineering, industrial technology, or equivalent preferred.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues effectively.
- Solid understanding of preventive maintenance principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols.
- Proficient in Google Workspace and maintenance software.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel-toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Climb stairs or over containment walls
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $52/hr and $66/hr at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for overtime.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.