Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
No developer should have to choose between security and reliability. We will ensure that Snyk is dependable, with a reliable track record that encourages developers to embed Snyk in their workflows.
You will join a team that owns the reliability (SLOs) of key customer workflows and runs the applications that most influence Snyk’s reliability. You will be responsible for building a culture of high standards around reliability, observability, and resilience practices.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Pair-programming to collaboratively improve the services that power Snyk
- Establishing SLIs and SLOs for the key customer workflows that your team owns
- Diagnosing the factors that most threaten SLOs and identifying necessary improvements.
- Improving observability, measurement and diagnostics for key customer SLIs and SLOs. Creating and fine tuning error budgets, with dashboards and alerts to monitor them.
- Reducing time to recover with faster deployment lead times
- Improving application design to partition workloads by customer criticality
- Sharing the practices and tooling you develop across other engineering teams
- Implementing capacity management and load testing capabilities for core services
- Working with teams to ensure that monitoring and alerting are instrumented to be customer impact focused. The goal is that no one should get out of bed at 3am for non-customer facing issues.
- Raising the bar on Production Readiness, Incident response and analysis, and working with R&D teams to meet this bar.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Enjoy working as part of a team and teaching others
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with establishing SLIs/SLOs, error budgets, and metrics on a variety of user flows
- Have experience with software engineering and systems engineering
- Experience working with production databases
- Have experience with reducing toil required by internal teams through building and maintaining automation and observability tooling.
- Experience of operational best practices including incident response and analysis.
- Have experience running and operating software on Kubernetes.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Are passionate about all things security and reliability
- Are familiar with one of Typescript, Go
- Are familiar with Datadog, statsd
While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $200 Million, announced on September 9, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?