Customer Development Account Executive
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
As part of the Customer Development Organization within a global sales org, you will play a meaningful role in scaling one of the fastest-growing companies in the Developer and Security spaces. As a Customer Development Account Executive at Snyk, you'll be leading the end-to-end post-sales customer journey and will be responsible for identifying opportunities to expand and retain within your existing client base by maintaining lasting relationships with key stakeholders in the DevSecOps space and digital transformation teams at companies.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the iterative improvement of our sales process, tone and approach, and you'll have plenty of scope to inform the way we develop our internal tooling to help you work efficiently and effectively.
We're a collaborative team from a variety of backgrounds, made up of sales executives and technical sales engineers. We spend time coaching each other, giving and receiving feedback, and ensuring we work together to make the most of the skills and experience we have within the team to maximize performance and earning potential.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Manage the renewal and expansion sales cycles across accounts- coordinating specialist support as necessary in alignment with account strategy
- Owning the post-sales end-to-end customer relationship in assigned accounts:
- Understanding the health and sentiment of the account
- Monitor renewal risks (e.g. low adoption, loss of champion, etc.) and take proactive action to mitigate ahead of the renewal timeframe
- Setting the goals for each customer
- Coordinating and connecting customers with necessary Snyk resources; managing Snyk resource usage i.e. Snyk Support or Product Team
- Using creative licensing packages and incentives to keep the account ARR at even or above
- Aim to help Snyk become a trusted advisor- provide customer champions information on the ever-changing appsec landscape
- Manage & assist with escalations to ensure timely and quality resolutions to customer issues and concerns.
- Carrying a quota with specific metrics associated with the sales cycle
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ Years of work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, Renewal Manager, Licensing Specialist, or relevant role
- Experience working with technical customers previously, and proven knowledge about the software development life cycle or application security space
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders based on their pain and biz requirements at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to lead and drive Sales strategy and vision for a mission-critical suite of products delivered via a Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Experience managing 40+ accounts, negotiating deals, as well as familiarity with channel partners (resellers), all while navigating internal stakeholder requirements
- Comfortability with engaging in consultative discovery conversations to uncover account expansion opportunities, solidify current product investments, and negotiate multi-year subscription opportunities
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs that have a financial business impact
- A strong track record of expansion quota attainment & customer retention
- Ability to accurately forecast all deals monthly / quarterly to Manager and even executive leadership
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?