Senior Business Systems Administrator
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The finance systems administrator will partner with the functional resources and other business application team members, to manage the configuration and development of system enhancements, upgrades, system modifications, and day-to-day issue analysis, tracking, and resolution. They will be responsible for supporting our finance systems (including Ivalua, Egencia, FloQast, Expensify, Stripe, Avalara, Adaptive, Mesh, and provide secondary NetSuite support) for business needs, and ensure the functionality is optimized to meet the evolving needs of the business.
Responsibility includes ensuring that functional users are fully equipped with the training and knowledge required to effectively work in the system applications. Key to success in this position is transparent communication to the business and responsiveness to stakeholders issues and requests.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Being a day-to-day end-user support of the finance applications and all integrated cloud-based applications; including Ivalua (procurement system), Egencia, FloQast (close management tool), Expensify, Stripe, Avalara, Adaptive, Mesh, and providing secondary NetSuite support.
- Maintaining user access and roles, ensuring appropriate segregation of duties
- Supporting end-user requests and support tickets, and providing timely issue resolution based on business needs and prioritization
- Leading efforts to design and optimize business processes using technology solutions to gain efficiencies and reduce the manual effort of stakeholders
- Creating comprehensive documentation for customized system enhancements and processes
- Assisting with data analysis or audits, and reporting needs to support the business team's optimized use of system applications
- Offering technical assistance to end-users and conducting engaging training sessions to drive user adoption.
- Collaborating and assisting with systems-related projects, as assigned
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication to quickly understand, troubleshoot, find root causes, and resolve system issues for finance application end users
- Collaborating with other teams in triaging and fixing integration issues involving NetSuite
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with financial systems, in an administrative or related function
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technology or Finance related field
- Strong system administrative experience with procurement systems (iValua a plus) and NetSuite.
- System experience with SFDC, Egencia, Floqast, Expensify, Stripe, Avalara, Adaptive, Mesh, is a plus
- Possess an extensive understanding of procurement tools (iValua a plus) and NetSuite at a minimum
- Strong data management skills and Excel capabilities
- Working knowledge of NetSuite workflows, scripts, custom records, and fields
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance processes and internal controls
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative, ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies independently using documentation and online resources
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, detail-oriented
- Enjoys the speed of a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances