Global Compensation Analyst
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our team as a Compensation Analyst. In this role, you will support a growing Global Total Rewards function.
Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the larger People Services team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world. We expect that you have high expectations of yourself and are proud to deliver the best service to your peer Snykers. Your customer service mindset drives you to go the extra mile every time!
You’ll spend your time:
The Compensation Analyst is an integral role that will provide global market intelligence insights and contribute expertise to compensation projects, providing analysis and recommendations on programs and practices that support the Total Rewards strategy and resolve compensation-related issues.
The incumbent will be expected to independently provide data and answer queries relative to job profiles, compensation ranges and job matching. In support of compliance with both federal and local/state regulation, and Snyk internal policies, the Analyst assists in auditing of employee data in various records & systems, document retention, and will perform reporting.
Compensation Administration [approximately 75% time allocated]
- Partner in driving the implementation and administration of global compensation programs that are focused on attracting and retaining
- Facilitate all phases of the benchmarking process including survey participation, responding to routine survey vendor requests, analysis of the returned survey data and coordinating the impact of survey data on the placement of jobs within salary grades and determine external competitiveness of pay ranges and pay practices
- Analyze and forecast the cost of compensation and other monetary-based reward programs enabling the organization to prioritize and correctly value critical elements
- Provide compensation analysis and guidance to help the organization make informed pay decisions by providing data, reports and support alignment to Snyk’s compensation philosophy and pay practices/processes, including review and assessment of gender pay gap/pay equity practices
- Review new hire offers and proposed salary increases and provide feedback based on analysis of the labor market and internal equity
- Work with People Technology & Operations to ensure that the Workday system meets Total Rewards needs and is updated to accommodate changes to salary structures or other compensation-related data
- Support the annual and mid-year compensation planning process
- Create and update job profiles and maintain job descriptions in Workday
- Use technology to increase efficiencies and make process improvement recommendations to improve and enhance customer satisfaction
Operational Support [approximately 25% time allocated]
- Assist in supporting the tactical and transactional backbone of the People teams. Engage with People Partners, Talent Attraction, Total Rewards & Services Team to enable smooth execution of Onboarding, Offboarding, and Mobility, and any related impact to Compensation
- Conduct audits of HRIS, payroll, and compensation data, updating information or recommending corrective action, when necessary; Ensure regulatory compliance and reporting for compensation-related plans and programs on a global basis
- Maintain resources (e.g., company Intranet content, Compensation documentation) to ensure they remain current and useful for their intended audience
- Performs service functions by answering requests and questions via email, phone, and ticketing system, escalating or referring to Services Team or People Business Partners, as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of professional work experience of which at least 2-3 years is in a compensation role as part of a broader service-oriented People team
- Have CCP (Desirable)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of compensation packages in the Tech industry
- Knowledge and general understanding of compensation surveys such as Radford
- Proven record of success with attention to detail, creative problem solving capabilities and demonstrable self-driven initiative to improve compensation analytics
- Highly attuned discretion with regard to employee data, queries, transactions, and general support
- Prior experience with Workday
- Ability to successfully utilize SaaS and web-based technology including Google Apps, Slack, and Zoom
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening, facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups large and small are all things you are good at. One of your strengths is the ability to effectively translate complex concepts and information into clear and effective messages
- Inspiring of trust. Colleagues & customers feel comfortable entrusting you with confidential information, approaching you with questions, and generally relating to you
- Analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make strong, balanced decisions
- Comfortable with change. You are able to work well under pressure, with limited direction and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a progressive and productive attitude and a positive demeanor; complete with the ability to accept constructive feedback and refine or adjust your approach
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature; be ready to wear many hats. We’re a fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on work that will make our entire organization successful
- Proactive and solutions-oriented. Hands-on approach and willingness to be involved with both strategic development and tactical implementation
- Adapt quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures
- Comfortable with general project management skills; proven ability to support multiple projects and ad-hoc requests within a given timeframe
- Strong senses of both urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances