Technical Support Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Technical Support Engineer(Tier 1)
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Customer Support team, you’ll be the first line of defense against technical support issues that arrive via email and chat. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated and a strong team player. You will work with the Tier 2 team and our talented core engineering team to help solve Snyk’s customer issues. You will be working directly with active and prospective Snyk customers every day.
You'll spend your time:
- Understanding, reproducing and resolving complicated technical issues that our customers have raised.
- Diving into our codebase, primarily written with NodeJS/Typescript, to figure out where the issue lies, and what a good solution might look like.
- Providing expert communication, ensuring that every user knows exactly when they’ll hear back from us and providing regular updates while solving their problem.
- Listening to our users’ needs, listening for recurring requests, and representing their voice in daily meetings with the Tier 2 and engineering teams.
- Contributing to building up a best-in-class technical support function, including writing customer documentation and FAQs, building dashboards, or designing integrations between tools.
- Over time, we’d love for you to have ambitions to develop your career as a developer or as a technical expert within Snyk!
You should join us if:
- You love helping people and care deeply about providing an excellent customer experience
- You take a logical approach to solving problems and prioritization.
- You are a clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, and you enjoy explaining things to others.
- You’re interested in security and you believe in our mission.
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, please apply anyway!
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances