Senior Software Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Sitting across all product lines, the Product Adoption division is focusing on specific workflow improvements (e.g. purchasing, onboarding ) that guide users through their journey using Snyk that most efficiently leads to value and success. This team helps improve new and existing customer lifecycles to improve Adoption and stickiness, by ensuring they understand and have access to the right tools and practices to track user behaviors and patterns.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Pair-programming and collaboratively building the services that power Snyk’s user experience
- Using tools like Ampltiude to run experiments and validate the success of the team’s efforts
- Using best practices and new technologies to maintain and extend our existing services
- Working across the full stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy, and support high-quality, reliable, fast services
- Collaborating with other teams to build a product everyone truly loves
- Collaborate on architectural decisions for performant and maintainable solutions
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback, and mentoring
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow
- Evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Commitment to code quality and constructive code reviews
- Experience using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience collaborating on UX with members of a design team
- Comfort driving work that involves multiple teams and across the stack to deliver new features from ideation to production
- A fast-paced approach, fitting a start-up/scale-up environment using product-led practices
- Comfort working with uncertainties and unknowns
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have a demonstrable track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- Have experience building software that integrates with multiple existing systems.
- Enjoy data driven decision making and have an analytical mindset
- Have helped scale a rapidly growing SaaS application
- Have been a part of a globally distributed team
- Have worked on large-scale distributed systems
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances