Director, Solutions Engineering
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Our Solutions Engineering organization is seeking a Director of Solutions Engineering to lead a highly skilled solutions team in the Americas. The Solutions Engineering team partners with our customers to realize their full potential through the adoption of prescriptive solutions that drive their growth and success.
We work with product & engineering teams, as well as CISO to C-level executives at large global brands who are building solutions with Snyk. Internally, our SE team works closely with Account Executives, Professional Services, Technical Success Managers, Partners, and the Product Team to develop and execute the account strategy for Snyk’s enterprise customers.
As the Director of Solutions Engineering, you will lead, build, and mentor a best-in-class Solutions team at scale. You will drive collaboration from cross-functional teams to influence and unify stakeholders at all levels of the organization to drive business outcomes.
Reporting to the VP of Solutions Engineering, you will play a hands-on role in building a team of solution engineers and owning the revenue and consumption responsibilities for the group.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Acting as a business and technical thought leader, with the ability to partner and drive GEO, Regional, and Account strategy and execution plans with cross-functional partners
- Partnering closely with Sales, Marketing, and Technical Teams (Professional Services, Product, Development, etc.) to develop joint go-to-market initiatives that drive positive developer experience and outcomes while driving revenue growth
- Recruiting, hiring, leading, retaining, and coaching a world-class Solutions team and leaders.
- Examining complex problems, creating simple solutions, and collaborating closely with prospects, channel partners, and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Working with customers, building technical & executive champions regularly, and leading EBCs with important customers
- Providing guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps, and representing the team’s needs to executive staff
- Collaborating and maintaining a close working relationship with product teams, engineering, services, and support.
- Building processes to measure the performance and impact of the Solution Engineering Team and ensure that the team is optimized to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Representing Snyk at industry events and conferences, customer business reviews, and contributing to new ideas and industry best practices
- Champion the voice of our customers to influence product direction and feature priorities
What You’ll Need:
- 12+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales capacity with 5+ years of direct line management experience (hiring, training, and retaining top talent)
- A track record of building and leading solution architecture/ engineering teams ideally in a SaaS or API usage-based businesses
- Good knowledge of the developer, DevOps, Application Security, and ASPM ecosystems and practices or previous technical sales experience with APIs, distributed systems, databases, and/or developer tools preferred
- Experience working closely with highly technical customers at the Enterprise level
- Familiarity with a wide variety of coding languages and how they work
- Appetite for learning about new technologies and you’re curious about how things work under the hood
- Ability to plan and succeed, setting milestones along the way, over-communicate, create alignment, rally resources and satisfy stakeholders
- A team-oriented mindset
- To care about diversity and enjoy meeting people from all walks of life
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to foster deep relationships with our customers
- Thought leadership on industry trends, and competitive dynamics, and leverage this knowledge to shape strategy around user engagements
We’d be Lucky if You:
Have obtained a university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related fields
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances