Senior Software Engineer - Program Analysis
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are looking for experienced and collaborative Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of our Software Composition Analysis (SCA) scanners. Our scanners aim to detect vulnerabilities in software introduced through their dependencies. Our technology is based on Snyk’s DeepCode Engine and we employ a combination of techniques involving program analysis, symbolic execution and machine learning/optimisation.
As a member of our dependency scanner engine team, you will be focused on:
- Developing deep domain-expertise in software dependency analysis and the inner workings of package managers of various languages and ecosystems.
- Researching and prototyping innovative features, combining a high-degree of autonomy with an opportunity to learn from the wealth of knowledge available within the team
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with others in the team, to create alignment, and a healthy, productive and supportive work environment.
- Helping us build an extremely fast and high-precision analyzer using advanced state-of-the-art techniques.
- Continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace, while also improving processes and driving strategic changes.
- Supporting and growing other engineers through pairing, feedback, and mentoring.
- Sharing our passion for making products that everyone truly loves and being obsessed with driving decisions from data and customer feedback.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Developing static analysis algorithms that analyze millions of lines of code in seconds.
- Evaluating and improving precision and coverage of our scanner.
- Owning our stack end-to-end: work on SLOs, performance, observability, deployment.
- Participating in our on-call rotation.
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for learning and becoming an expert in the area.
- Collaborative attitude and focus on problem solving.
- Ability to work sustainably, autonomously, quickly and iteratively.
- Love for working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- Strong experience in algorithms and data structures.
- Ability/interest to work with a mix of programming languages and ecosystems.
- Experience working on large production systems, including CI, monitoring, deployment etc.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have completed research or have previous relevant experience in the area, including program analysis, compilers, or machine learning/optimisation.
- Already familiar with any of: Typescript, C++, Docker, Kubernetes, Datadog.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances