Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for a Competitive Analyst to join our Market Intelligence team. In this role, you will help build Snyk’s competitive intelligence program within our broader Product Marketing team, spearheading our win-loss analysis program and competitive research projects, and developing competitive messaging for internal and external-facing assets.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact at a high-growth organization, and build out your competitive intelligence and product marketing skill set. You’ll report directly to the Director of Market Intel & Emerging Products, and will work closely with our Competitive Intelligence Lead, Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Strategy.
You'll spend your time:
- Creating and presenting competitive resources (battlecards, one-pagers, competitive playbooks) to internal sales as well as partners externally
- Managing our Win-Loss Program, utilizing both internal & direct-from-customer data to conduct qualitative and quantitative research & analysis
- Developing high-impact competitive messaging for both internal and external-facing assets
- Creating & maintaining a competitor tracking & alerting function
- Working with and managing day-to-day interactions with 3rd party vendors.
- Managing competitive primary and secondary research projects utilizing specialized tools.
- Focusing on achieving results: increasing competitive win rates, increasing sales confidence, generating actionable insights, and impacting internal business activities based on these recommended actions.
You should apply if:
- You have relevant work experience working on a competitive intelligence or product marketing team
- You have experience running a win-loss program and/or interviewing customers to gather relevant insights
- You have experience conducting primary & secondary research, and pulling it into a final analysis
- You have experience presenting content / research findings, and are looking to build on this skill set
- You have a passion for and experience creating high-impact content and messaging that resonates with large audiences
- You’re great at building relationships across various groups & functions within the organization
- You have excellent communication, content creation, and time management skills
- You have a strong ability to quickly understand technical concepts
- You are proficient with both Microsoft Office Suite (in particular, Excel and PowerPoint), and Google Suite.
- You take complete ownership of the projects/programs you are responsible for
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re excited about our mission to help developers develop fast and stay secure
- Bonus: You have experience working at a cybersecurity company or with cybersecurity products, or have worked in DevOps
- Bonus: You have experience in sales or pre-sales in addition to the above requirements
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances