SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Coordinate and safely transport flight modules from origin to destination
- Responsible for the entire transport crew and support staff during transit and hand-off operations, including accompanying SpaceX personnel (logistics technicians, tiller operators, spotters) and outside contracted vendors (truck drivers, pole cars, private escorts)
- Review all transportation documentation prior to departure to ensure transport strategy is in proper order for flight vehicle transport (permits, height checklist, pre/post trip); prepare contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Travel with the assigned flight module at all times (Hawthorne, CA to McGregor, TX; Hawthorne, CA to Cape Canaveral, FL; Hawthorne, CA to Vandenberg, CA; McGregor, TX to Cape Canaveral, FL; and McGregor, TX to Vandenberg, CA)
- Provide input and recommendations in compliance with DOT/CFR regulations to logistics and manufacturing for development and improvements to new and existing transport hardware
- Evaluate in-transit risks and provides on-site solutions to alleviate risk. Including: routing, repairs, escorts, and drivers
- Utilize master production schedule to coordinate resources ensuring teams and transport hardware/equipment are available
- Oversee the accurate compilation and recording of pre, daily, and post trip inspections, security meetings, permit/route reviews, and procedural adherence
- Develop, document, and coordinate work instructions with logistics management teams to ensure efficient packaging of flight vehicles, modules, and equipment is maintained
- Create and maintain reports, presentations, and metrics as required to add value to organization and company development
- Manage the development and implementation of annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for logistic activities and participate in the development of overall annual and long-term objectives
- Make recommendations to logistics management to improve the health, timing, and safety of all movements
- You will be measured by how well you pay attention to detail, communicate with cross functional teams, prioritize multiple tasks, follow through projects to completion, come up with creative ideas that make processes more efficient, and adapt to an ever changing fast paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience working with load transport and inventory processes
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with preparing loads, rigging, and packaging
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience in transport equipment (tractor and trailer) design/maintenance
- Knowledge of DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations and CFR (Code of Federal regulations)
- Experience with scheduling and production work instructions to manufacture hardware
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working in a challenging and fast pace environment
- Must be available to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed based on operational needs; flexibility required
- Must be available to travel 25-50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Transport Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Transport Technician/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Transport Technician/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?