Sr. Sourcing Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOURCING SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis to formulate a strategic sourcing plan that identifies new/suitable suppliers, optimize cost structures and proactively ensures continuity of supply based on macro market or industry trends
- Manage the supply base by implementing a precise supplier stratification model and executing on a documented supplier management playbook
- Ensure health of supply base by evaluating and selecting suppliers based on capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness
- Ensure supplier meets all critical measures of performance consistently by consistently executing on an operating plan with clear goals and control plans
- Analyze supplier operations to assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long-term production to implement a successful E2E product life cycle management strategy and process
- Direct and execute initiatives that support aggressive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination, delivery, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas as identified
- Develop supplier score card to measure supplier performance against agreed upon key performance indicators; tracks compliance and supports formal management reporting to director and other members of senior management
- Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against budget on a monthly basis to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understanding their needs and consulting with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirements
- Be the voice of reason and push engineering to make sound design decisions that are conducive to a high performing supply plan
- Drive make vs. buy decisions for new products, implement the strategy across the product lifecycle from development, qualification, first article runs through stable production
- Execute sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFIs and RFPs, document bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develop selection criteria for suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations/contracting and ongoing contract management
- Coordinate with engineering and quality organizations to determine cause of rejected material and to drive appropriate changes to ensure elimination/reduction of those quality issues
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate with supplier’s contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property and export compliance
- Execute purchasing transactions within scope area by issuing purchase orders for SpaceX programs and ensure delivery
- Manage all relevant master data in MRP to ensure accurate and complete information at all times
- Consult/advise buyer/planners on strategies and tactics to ensure their success and development
- Provide high-level oversight and support to ensure operational success in tactical procurement execution
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with Asia electro-mechanical component vendors
- Knowledge of active, passive, and electro-mechanical components
- Experience in product development (EVT), new product introduction (NPI) and mass production (MP)
- Material management and clear to build proficiency
- Knowledge of franchised distributors and components manufacturers
- Experience reading engineering drawings and blueprints
- Strong understanding of the semiconductor market, trends, technology leaders, and current pricing trends in the market.
- Experience in identifying and executing an optimized machining supply chain, including raw material, machining, material processing, inspection and logistics
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?