Diversity Talent Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DIVERSITY TALENT SPECIALIST
In order to achieve our ambitious and exciting goals, SpaceX needs a diversity of perspectives, diversity of backgrounds and a diverse workforce. Join us and contribute to innovations that will help enable human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for someone who will bring bright ideas and best practices, who has a passion for diversity and inclusion, and who has excellent organizational skills to track and measure the ROI from outreach activities. The ideal candidate is some with experience with outreach and recruiting events, external partnership relationships and ability to partner with various teams across the organization.
As a Diversity Talent Specialist, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Diversity, Inclusion and Learning; partner with the University/Intern Program and SpaceX’s Recruiting team.
- Organize and plan career fairs and informational sessions for diversity-based and technical organizations / conferences
- Support the university/Intern team in establishing relationships with diversity organizations and universities
- Keep track of and report out diversity metrics
- Assist the recruiting team with special projects as needed
- Provide research and assist with messaging around new structured processes and policies that promote diversity and support all social groups
- Help source, network with and proactively reach out to external under-represented groups, externally
- Support internal team members in developing interview processes that mitigate bias, which includes removing bias-leaning words in job descriptions and setting-up non-bias interview processes
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of professional experience in recruiting or diversity & inclusion
- 1+ years of professional experience in a recruiting, human resources, or diversity & inclusion function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in or supporting Diversity & Inclusion outreach initiatives
- Familiarity with online and offline sourcing (e.g., through professional networks or job fairs)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Greenhouse or other applicant tracking system
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Experience working with diversity-based organizations and universities
- Familiarity with OFCCP policies
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel (up to 30%)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Diversity Talent Specialist/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Diversity Talent Specialist/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?