SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As an HRIS (Workday) Analyst on our Data and Automation team, you must be eager to solve problems and have a strong interest in optimizing end-to-end processes through complex systems configuration and implementation. Additionally, you should be able to handle multiple high-impact projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You will bring a knowledge base in Workday HCM to help us implement changes that maximize the platform’s utility for SpaceX.
- Administer and maintain the company’s human resource information systems (HRIS) with a strong focus on configurations and administration of the core human capital management system (Workday).
- Analyze users’ requests, identify problems, research solutions, and resolve technical problems as needed for the wide variety of applications and systems supported within the company.
- Develop user guides and system documentation.
- Assist in maintaining project plans, folders, milestone, and resource requirements and communications related to HRIS projects.
- Responsible for facilitating and/or assisting with system conversions, upgrades, and customizations.
- Perform business process configuration for modified or new business processes within Workday, including security and security controls to ensure appropriate access to functionality for users and monitor appropriate data security.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional experience in systems/business analysis.
- Experience supporting Workday HCM.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Workday certified (current or past) in HCM and/or payroll with at least 2 full life-cycle implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business, or human resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of Workday business object model and ability to trace data movement between Workday and any other connected system/application.
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining, and implementing Workday business processes, configurations (including permissions), custom fields, and custom objects.
- Novice ability to read/write code a plus, particularly Python and SQL.
- Resourceful and scrappy “outside the box” big thinker who is unafraid of challenging the status quo, yet is able to deliver quality solutions with an eye towards efficiency, flexibility and extensibility.
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Position occasionally requires long hours and some nights and weekends when needed.
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the LA/Hawthorne, CA area.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HRIS Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
HRIS Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?