Sr. Manager, Starlink Enterprise Accounts (Aviation and Government)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. MANAGER, STARLINK ENTERPRISE ACCOUNTS (AVIATION AND GOVERNMENT)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. As a leader on the Starlink Enterprise Accounts team, you will be leading and building a new team to work with Starlink enterprise customers. You and the team will be responsible for the project management of enterprise contracts to rapidly drive realization of revenue, working closely with counterparts on Starlink cross-functionally. A key challenge will be driving a culture that both maximizes customer happiness and minimizes the input required by the team.
The Enterprise Account Management team will serve as the point of contact for customers from contract signature, through successful activation, ensuring all contract terms are fulfilled while and identifying new opportunities to generate business with enterprise customers. Prior to contract signature, the team will have a key role in ensuring that the commitments we make are ones we can successfully execute to.
In the past year, the Starlink team has signed deals with multiple airlines and we're now rolling out the service more broadly to business jets! Our customers will be using high speed internet in ways and places not previously available including streaming videos, participating in video calls, sending large files via email, and performing other high-data rate activities in-flight. Additionally, the team has designed the service to be available as soon as passengers walk on the plane – no more waiting for take-off for internet. Successful deployment of Starlink to aviation and government customers will require close collaboration and careful project management.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that has a passion for making customers deliriously happy, building excellent teams, and managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Grow and build the enterprise account management function within Starlink
- Hire and lead an exceptional team
- Identify and build necessary tools and capabilities to manage accounts in a scalable way, working closely with the application software and finance teams to automate as much as possible
- Develop internal goals and metrics/visualizations to measure and communicate success
- All aspects of non-technical project management for commercial enterprise accounts
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to finalize commercial enterprise contracts, serving as a final check before contract signature to ensure we are poised for success and any risks are captured/communicated internally
- Ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and meeting contract requirements
- Take an extreme ownership approach to realizing forecasted revenue on or ahead of schedule
- Identify and broadly/loudly communicate readiness levels, requirements, schedules, and risks
- Own the customer interface from contract signature onwards including onboarding, ongoing account management, and long-term retention/growth of the relationship and revenue
- Build relationships with customer points of contact to identify requirements and manage expectations, driving revenue realization as quickly as possible
- Collect, communicating and championing customer feedback internally to influence and steer programmatic and technical development required to maintain and grow enterprise business
- Retain and grow the value of accounts
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5+ years working with aerospace or government customers to support a technical product/service
- 3+ years direct people management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience working with aerospace or government customers
- Professional experience working with airlines or in aircraft design/modification
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and successfully grow an excellent team and new function, including ability to develop and coach team members
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Demonstrated ability to champion and lead significant projects and business initiatives, including ability to manage in an environment with competing priorities
- Exceptional customer interface skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor communications appropriately to level (working-level to executive-level)
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with existing Starlink products, services and customer support systems/processes
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance is preferred. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?