Environmental Health & Safety Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY
This position requires a dedicated Environmental Health and Safety professional who will be able to use their skill, knowledge and experience to further our Environmental Health and Safety programs within our fast-paced work environment that includes operations that have never been attempted before!
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will:
- Manage the day-to-day and long-term activities/priorities of the EHS team which will include a combination of technicians, specialists and engineers
- Coordinate with site leadership to ensure appropriate EHS involvement in department development/modification plans and procedure development
- Represent the EHS department at site wide management meetings/briefings
- Provide instructional guidance of job assignments, correct procedures and applicable techniques to perform specific skills; ensure accuracy and completion
- Ensure mission and values are communicated to the team and are integrated within team goals, objectives, and work tasks
- Implement all aspects of an occupational safety program, including processes, programs and documentation outlined by OSHA standards
- Maintain, develop or implement site specific environmental policies which include but are not limited to:
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste management
- Air permitting
- Spill prevention/response
- Storm water management
- Waste water
- Coordinating with and serve as the main point of contact for local resource agencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in the design, development, and general operational oversight of EHS disciplines
- 3+ years of EHS management experience or 5+ years of experience at SpaceX as an EHS Engineer
- Experience working in aerospace industry
- Experience leading a team of EHS engineers and technicians
- Experience implementing an occupational safety program, including processes, programs and documentation outlined by OSHA standards
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with an emphasis in occupational health and safety, environmental engineering or system safety engineering
- Advanced knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
EHS/Manager: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?