Sourcing Manager (Instrumentation & Sensors)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING MANAGER (INSTRUMENTATION & SENSORS)
- Develop and manage supply base (domestic and international) to support sourcing strategies for supplier intellectual property instrumentation and sensors
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Provide guidance to internal customers on design for manufacturability and trade analysis on instrumentation, sensors, related commodities, onboarding requirements, and quality standards
- Act as tactical supplier interface for all RFIs, RFPs ,RFQs, POs and adoption of SpaceX systems
- Partner with internal resources (Falcon, Dragon, Starlink, Starship and responsible engineers) to drive adoption of low-cost parts and avoidance of obsolescence
- Visit supplier facilities and accurately assess operational capability, financial health, and capacity in order to award contracts in support of new product development and long-term production
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis, including strategic direction, capacity, market and industry position, and risk assessment
- Manage costs to ensure alignment with program budget
- Present value propositions to SpaceX executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Work with supply chain engineers to develop requirements for both NPI and production phases
- Ensure partners are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material to ensure a successful product development, ramping up and production
- Negotiate long term contracts to ensure continuity of supply and protect SpaceX interests
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience reading technical drawings, data sheets, fabrication drawing, BOMs
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Knowledge of electronic components, PCB, PCBA, connectors, cable, all parts of a sensor or instrumentation
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Security clearance
- Must be able to travel - up to 30% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Valid driver's license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?