Test Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
Want to build the next era of the Internet? Want to develop the infrastructure necessary to bring high speed broadband to every corner of the world?
Join the team responsible for systems enabling the rapid development velocity that is critical to the success of Starlink. Specializing in test and infrastructure, you are responsible for helping develop, deploy, support and maintain solutions for fast and accurate integration testing.
Your creativity and relentless commitment to quality will be critical to the reliability of our service and the success of our business.
- Ensure satellite development test systems and areas are operating properly.
- First level troubleshooting with electrical/mechanical diagnostics and test data review.
- Build, update, repair and validate bespoke hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) test equipment, servers and network racks.
- Fabricate and repair cable harnesses including: crimping, soldering and assembling connectors.
- Develop and document procedures for execution, maintenance, assembly, and anomaly handling.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment or a bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or technical discipline.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comfortable with basic tools and electro-mechanical tasks, hands-on skillset.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Experience working and administering a Linux environment.
- Developed and deployed software that has been used in real world projects (Python preferred).
- Basic understanding of networking, including VLANs, namespaces and routing.
- Experience with radio frequency components, links and wiring.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?