Tool Crib Attendant - Level 4/5
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TOOL CRIB ATTENDANT - LEVEL 4/5
- Receive, store and issue positive feed drill motors and related equipment and supplies used in the Falcon/Dragon manufacturing process
- Accurately maintain computerized records of all tools and equipment in inventory
- Inspect items received into tool crib for defects, wear or damage and report any issues to lead or supervisor
- Repair, service and lubricate drill equipment as required to ensure tools and equipment remain in good working condition
- Mark and identify drill equipment using identification tags, stamps or electrical marking tools
- Manage spares and replacements to keep production drill equipment in good operating order
- Work effectively with purchasing department to maintain adequate tool crib spares inventory
- Perform preventative maintenance on drill equipment as required and coordinate with vendor for major repairs to be performed at their site
- Assist in identifying tool issues and initiating corrective action processes as necessary
- Perform safety audit observations as required of the tool crib area
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 8+ years of experience working with tool inventory control or in a maintenance environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands on experience repairing mechanical systems such as automobile powertrains, aircraft engines, heavy machinery, etc.
- Experience reading blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of precision measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, torque wrenches, etc.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of challenging situations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Comfortable with repetitive movement, bending or twisting, and using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, and exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Tool Crib Attendant/Level 4: $27.00 - $31.00/hour
Tool Crib Attendant/Level 5: $29.50 - $33.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?